Friday, March 04, 2005

Moving In... nice and slow

Well, I spent my first official night at the apartment last night. My bed was due to arrive at 7am this morning, so I needed to be there. I wasn't gonna try to wake up at 6:30 to meet them.

It worked out well though, because they came promptly at 7:15 with my brand new mattress. (It's not much to look at, right now. I don't even have sheets.)

I hung out with a couple friends during the evening (they gave me a present), and then spent the rest of my free time banging together pieces of wood. The result, well, you can judge for yourself.

I am nowhere near ready to move in. I need to collect all my stuff from here to be transported. And I still need to buy about 1000 things. And even a couple more serious pieces of furniture. Plus, there's no food, no soap, no shower-curtain in the bathroom. I also need a hair cut.

But I am very happy with the way the place is turning out. As you can tell.

And finally, I present the beautiful stairway. Those are my stairs.

No comments: