Thursday, February 03, 2005

My First Apartment Visit

Using my keen intellect, I've discerned that the only way I am going to move out of the house is if I find myself an apartment. Much like the Iraqis fumbling towards democracy, I took my first awkward step towards escaping my childhood home (again).

I went to look at an apartment in the Wayne Village apartment complex. (It's in Wayne, NJ). Not a bad place. I could live there. There's a kinda difficult left-turn to get out of the complex. And the NY State Thruway is just a tangled mess. But the apartments are spacious, the neighborhood is not completely dead, and the management seems active. (There's a roller-rink right across the street!)

I'm going to be calling some more places over the next couple days. I'd really love to find a place in Ridgewood, say. Somewhere within 15-20 minutes from Suffern. But, those places are harder to find (on the internet).

This is one reason why I could never be an archeologist. If Google doesn't know where it is, I don't know where it is.

No comments: