Saturday, April 07, 2007

Whelmed

This came up last night at dinner. And I am sure we are not the first people to discuss it.

Overwhelm is a word. Whelm is not a word. This injustice cannot stand!

(So what if Whelm actually is a word; it means the same thing as "overwhelm" and no one uses it anymore).

I think that Whelm should become an Over/Under word. And that Whelm by itself should mean neither Overwhelmed nor Underwhelmed. Kinda like Goldilocks. The first porridge was too hot (overwhelming), the second was cold (underwhelming), and the third was just whelming!

Who's with me?

4 comments:

keebler nelf said...

i'm with you!

Could-be-a-model said...

I am fairly certain that the vain, shallow younger sister in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You had a similar conversation.

your small american said...

Well, I am with you, vain younger sister though you may be! CBAM's snarky comment whelmed me.

Tom said...

I will not be deterred from my quest by ad hominem attacks, CBAM! My cause is just! I will prevail!