Thursday, April 19, 2007

Good Timing

I have been trying to stay at work a little longer (which is a little easier now that the sun sets at 8) so that I don't have to deal with as much congestion on the ride home. So far, so good.

Today I got home at 7:30 and as I was opening the door I thought, "Oh man! I guess Nelly left the light on!" Though almost immediately I knew I was wrong.

A soft orange directionless light and the sweet smell of blossoming lilies infused the entire apartment! It was like... actually, I have no idea how to describe it. It was beautiful!

6 comments:

your small american said...

Wow, that's gorgeous. But why did it smell like lillys?

Could-be-a-model said...

Yeah, I too am confused about the origin of the lillies. Don't you live on the UES? I don't remember Manhattan smelling of lillies in the springtime.

your small american said...

I think the sunset was so beautiful that it even smelled. Like, smelled beautiful.

keebler nelf said...

what tom isn't telling you is that he bought lillies and they were just blooming. it really does smell nice. unfortunately our apartment isn't filled with the smell of sunset, but maybe once we start leaving the windows open.

Tom said...

Sorry, I have been away and haven't had a chance to clarify. Fortunately for my confused readers, Nelly was here to help them understand. Thanks, baby!

Anonymous said...

that sunset is nice. pollution can be such a beautiful thing....