Monday, July 31, 2006

Those Comcast Bastards

Guess what, everybody! I'm pissed at Comcast again. This time it's because they're randomly charging me $1.99 for a "Change of Service". Namely, I signed up for HBO. It's pretty easy for me to tell that they're already gouging me on cable, and now they're gouging me for HBO service.

The idea that they would try to charge me for signing up for HBO is so mind-bloggling to me. But it's really just a function of the disdane that Comcast has for its customers.

I actually called Comcast and talked with an unpleasant young woman who informed me that the $1.99 charge is standard. I asked her if there was someone else I could talk to, she told me there weren't any managers around (hah!). I asked when there would be managers, she told me she couldn't say a specific time. She took down my phone number and said a manager would call later. Can't wait for that.

I am eager for the day that Verizon finally gets high-speed internet running to me. Though apparently Verizon's roll-out is stalled on Corzinne's desk. Although, it's possible that Verizon will by-pass Montclair altogether and I'll be stuck with Comcast forever. ARRRGH!

3 comments:

your small american said...

There are no managers--those Comcast employees have gone wild!

Tom said...

It's true!

Could-be-a-model said...

They did the same thing to me when I downgraded my cable service with Cablevision. Cable companies are evil, but telly is so, so very sweet.