Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

Well, the day is almost over. I think the NYC fireworks show is going to start pretty soon. That will be the first official celebration of the holiday that we witness. Well, other than taking a four-day weekend. I'm glad our forefathers broke ties with England on such a nice weekend.

To celebrate the day, Nelly and I watched Italy defeat Germany by scoring two goals in the last minute of overtime. Ouch. After the second goal, they cut to a german girl crying. Take that, national pride!

Nelly and I spent the last two days at family's lakehouse in Connecticut. That was very nice, though not as relaxing as it normally is. Still, the weather was great and we had a nice time. I started and finished The Tender Bar while I was up there. Nelly loaned it to me after getting it from her mother. And while I enjoyed it, I couldn't help but notice that it's basically a slightly myopic story about how one's life can be ruined by alcohol.

The blog has been quiet for a while. So I missed the chance to post that thursday was Nelly's birthday. Happy birthday baby! We partied in the city. There are some pictures floating around somewhere. Perhaps one day I will get my hands on them and post them here.

No comments: