Saturday, July 01, 2006

Who To Root For (Redux)

So, now that England's tepid kickers have limped off the field in defeat, none of the teams I decided to root for is left in the World Cup. Who should I root for now? Well, my picks for the finals are still in it, but I don't particularly like either Brazil or Germany.

Sigh. Woe is me.

Still, there's some promising matches upcoming. Brazil v. France should be exciting (though by the time most of you read this it will be over). Pleny of soccer left to play. From now on, I will be rooting for a good game played by all.

Hopefully, I wont be dissapointed.

6 comments:

your small american said...

Wow, thanks Alex! Spell checking among many other community services.

I may root for France because they are sort of underdogs and their big star is French-Algerian and I saw a nice TV program about him. And they beat Brasil so maybe they deserve to win? And, I can't cheer for Germany, Portugal keeps winning due to dirty play and bad calls by the refs, and I cheered for Italy in 2000 and was traumatized when they lost in the final due to like, extra triple secret sudden death penalty kicks after a whole round of penalty kicks! So I cannot go throught that again.

Could-be-a-model said...

It amazes me how you fail to appreciate my fail-proof WC rooting system: cheer on the most attractive team. This way, no matter what the outcome, you are nevber disappointed. Italy never lets me down.

Tom said...

CBAM, does it occur to you that the teams being exclusively male makes it difficult for me to chear for the most "Attractive" team? I mean, yes, the Italians all look like women (except for that guy with the beard), but they definately aren't attractive women.

Could-be-a-model said...

I stand by my earlier statement. You're clearly just homophobic.

Tom said...

I think your definition of homophobic does not match the actual definition. And I doubt that everyone on the italian team is gay. Their femininity derives from their euro-trash sense of style.

Could-be-a-model said...

Fair enough. I will revise my earlier statement. You are clearly scared of your powerful yet subconscious attraction to the Italian footballers. Their sexual magnetism is impossible to deny.