Friday, August 04, 2006

Another Weekend At the Beach

Last weekend (that would be July 29-30th) Nelly and I went down to Wildwood, NJ for the 14th annual Wildwood Beach Ultimate tournament. Apparently, the largest ultimate tournament in the world!


Our team was called "I Lost My Pickle". Mainly a collection of friends and people we know. We did okay, going 3-3 over the weekend and winning whatever pool we ended up in. It was rediculously hot over the weekend, with some scorching sands. Playing right on the beach, just a short walk from the ocean, certainly helped mitigate the staggering weather.

Nelly and I both had a wonderful time. Special thanks to Su May who took care of the organizational details (tourney bid, hotel, rides, etc...). And thanks to [Top Row] Meghan, (Me), Nelly, Seth, Chris, Java, Ken, [Bottom Row] Sue, Jen, and (again) Su May for playing great ultimate and being generally fun people!

Hey! I lost my pickle!

2 comments:

your small american said...

Woah, you guys are short.

Anonymous said...

we were all sweatyboatmen that day