Monday, August 28, 2006

Root Canal: Opportunity For Bling?

Today I went to see a dentist in Montclair. Some of my readers may remember a time before this blog when I got emergency root canal surgery. It was fun! While it was harrowing, the surgery saved my tooth. But it's been a while since then and now the time has come to sure up that tooth.

I didn't realize that, as part of the process of fitting the crown (a porcelain & metal piece replacement tooth which is glued over the post) they basically have to drill away most of the remaining tooth. Sounds a lot worse than it was.

The beauty of root canal surgery is that the nerve of the tooth is gone. So they can do whatever they want and there's no pain.

Anyways, so now I have a temporary crown. It's made of hard plastic. In a couple weeks my new tooth should be ready. There was some talk of matching it to the color of the other teeth, but the only way to do that would be to paint in a filling. (How braces supremely screwed up my teeth is a story for another time).

It occurred to me, after my visit to the dentist, that I could have requested a gold/silver/platinum tooth. Too bad it's a back molar and not something more visible. My rap career is going nowhere until I get some sweet bling bling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

word! your missing out! maybe you can get a tooth done in the front for vanity!

-k

your small american said...

You could be on non-celebrity bling off.

Could-be-a-model said...

You should really look into getting a grill. Nothing says "Successful Rap Career" like a grill.