Monday, May 01, 2006

The Soreness Begins

It's spring-time once again. The birds are signing, the trees are blooming, and the children are behaving like animals. Also, ultimate season has officially started for Nelly and I.

This weekend, we went down to Delaware to play in the Beth Coltman Memorial tournament in Lewes, DE. We went down with my old team "Your Mom" because they were going and they promised that no one on our team would really try that hard.

Now, one might argue that half of the team drinking heavily on the sideline is not a recipe for success. In this case, that argument would have been the correct one. We lost all our games, getting blown out in most of them. Our last two games we made close, so it wasn't a complete travesty (except if you were to look at just the win-loss column).

Cape Henlopen State Park is right at the horn of Delaware's northern coast. It's pretty, um, windy there. Which makes for some ugly ugly ultimate. Mostly involving trying to throw the disk as far downfield as possible and then setting up what basically amounts to a wall of people to stand in front of the throwers. Nobody was winning any pretty points. But it was good cover for the fact that everyone on our team was out of shape and hadn't practiced in months.

So, now it's monday morning. I am exhausted, my face is sunburned, my hands are sunburned, my back is sore, my neck is sore, my legs are sore and my entire right arm is sore. And I feel great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my lips are sunburned!

Tom said...

mine too... and also my forehead, my cheeks, my ears, my neck and my hands. thank god for that after sun stuff