Monday, May 15, 2006

New Glasses

On saturday, Nelly and I stopped by the Lens Crafters in Paramus (it's conveniently located on my way to work). I purchased my current pair of glasses in Sophomore year of high school (HIGH SCHOOL). So, by my calculations, that was something like 12 years ago. Which seems so outrageous, but I think it's absolutely true.

So suffice it to say that my glasses (and as it turns out, my self) are completely out of touch with the latest trends in fashion opticals. Nelly was very helpful on this front. We looked at several frames that were very similar to my old ones (made by the always classy Brooks Brothers). Any of those would have been fine. But we were not going for "fine". We were going for "You buy glasses once a decade, so these had better be some pretty fantastic frames."

And so we continued to look. We wandered over to the center display, where the trendier & more pricey frames are located under lock-and-key. And in that place Nelly and I discovered, as though put there by some force beyond our comprehension (perhaps the store manager?), my new glasses.




They are Versace. (Woooooooooooooo)


I am moving up in the world, but I haven't changed. My love don' cost a thing. I'm still Jenny from the block.





Let it not be said that I do not listen to my fans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness that your love don't cost a thing, cause with glasses like that i don't think i could afford it!

Could-be-a-model said...

Rico. Rico Suave

your small american said...

Wow, those are smokin' hot frames! And check out that totally rockin' faux wood paneling behind you.

Tom said...

yes, the New Data Systems office is fly. I will not deny it.