Thursday, April 13, 2006

Where to Stick Your Money

I was looking at my Fidelity account today and I discovered something most interesting.

I was looking into moving some money out of Fidelity's equivalent of a savings account and into my cash account so I could, theoretically, buy a mutual fund I have been looking at.

I noticed, in the side-bar, that the fund was giving something of a rediculous number as it's Compound Yield. Interest and such numbers confuse me, so I went and looked at the actual amount of money deposited as interest last month. As a percentage of the total amount, it was more than three times more than Chase's EXTREME SUPER PLUS SAVINGS ACCOUNT.

So I am like, wow! If only they did Bill Pay. And lo: they do bill pay!
So I am like, wow wow! If only you could do direct deposit. And lo: you can do direct deposit!
If only they offered and ATM card. And lo: they offer an ATM card! Holy crap!

Who knew Fidelity does all the stuff that a regular bank does. What the hell am I doing my banking with Chase for?! Argh, I bet that's why the woman who opened my account at Chase was looking at me funny the whole time. She was probably thinking, "If you have a Fidelity account, what do you need with a Chase account?"

Anyways, so this advertisement for Fidelity was brought to you by my own reluctance to do actual work.

No comments: