Thursday, April 20, 2006

And Now the Conclusion of the Rav Saga

I worked from home yesterday, anticipating that the Rav would be out of the shop that afternoon. Indeed, at 9:15 Tom from Caldwell Toyota called and informed me (through choppy cell reception) that my car was ready to go.

Not only that, but Tom informed me that they were able to save the muffler which chopped $300 off the price. Final cost to me (including tax), $1024. Not so bad, Rav. Not so bad.

The car drives like it always has, but it doesn't make a loud rumbling noise anymore. Just a quiet, comforting put-put-put. It has shiny new piping on its underside. I think secretly the Rav is proud of that; it's like a surgical scar. I have to make sure I convince the Rav not to roll over and show off.

5 comments:

your small american said...

I have a faint memory of a conversation a few months ago in which you said, Hey the Rav is making a rattling noise, and I said, Ignore that noise and it will go away for free!

Then, the whole exhaust system fell out on the highway.

I don't give the best car advice.

Tom said...

you know that advice was perfect for like three months! so I mean, you were right for 99 days and wrong for one. I say that makes you 99% right. Which, as we all know, is really frickin' right.

Good job, small american!

your small american said...

Thanks for your support. Yesterday night I noticed that my car's breaks squeek. Which I'll be ignoring until they fall out on the highway.

Could-be-a-model said...

The Tomog seems to have a tendency to let things (and by things, I include people) fall.

Tom said...

That's a blatant misrepresentation of the facts of the incident! I am shocked! Shocked, I say! I demand an inquiry into these allegations.