Friday, October 05, 2007

Haircut Hazards

It's happened again. Once more I have walked into a hair salon and thrown myself upon the mercy of a strange woman with scissors. It worked pretty well last time. (Yes, I did go four months between haircuts)

I went back to the Russian Hair Salon & Hittery, but I couldn't remember the name of the woman who cut my hair last time. So I just went and saw a new random Russian woman.

I explicitly told the woman I liked my hair long. That I was enjoying the long hair and didn't want to cut off too much. And then she proceeded to chop away all my hair!

This is not the first time this has happened to me. And I have decided it's because I cannot see very well without my glasses. And so the stylist pretty much gets to do whatever she wants and I can't complain because I cannot see! Which explains why I go so rarely. Getting my hair cut is too risky!

I desperately need an aide. Maybe I could hire an intern or something.

6 comments:

your small american said...

Oh my gosh, you need a cat to cut your hair, it is so obvious. Cats can sit on your head all the time and constantly trim it. That's when it looks the best.

your small american said...

My gosh, a cat could do it! We would have to train it. What do you think?

Could-be-a-model said...

Does anyone get the feeling that YSA may have lost touch with reality, maybe just a tad?

Tom said...

Yes! A cat! Hmmm, but it would have to be a rather dapper cat because it would be sitting on top of my hair...

Wait. But would the cat do all the other things an aide would do? Would it be able to organize my papers? Anyways, I am tentatively on board with the cat-aide idea.

I think YSA is doing great, by the way.

your small american said...

Yes, a cat would do what an aide would do! But a 'head aide', you know? An aide that sits on your head. A hair-cutting cat would be just like any aide sitting on your head. It would cut your hair and perform similar head-related tasks, such as adjusting your hat if you had a hat. I am not losing touch with reality. !!! CBAM!

Could-be-a-model said...

Oh yeah, clearly, this is sanity.