Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Haircut

I got my haircut today. It's a rare occurrence. I've been growing it out and letting it get long and it was pointed out to me that I should probably get it cut.

I went to this place just down the street a little bit. It's called "Vanilla Hair Spa". What does that mean? Anyways, they were relatively inexpensive and I think they did a good job. Nelly said she liked it, which is a good thing. But I mean, how can I know if she's telling the truth?

So it was a pretty nice salon, the furniture and everything seemed pretty new. And all the people in there cutting hair were Russian. Russian women. And since I was the only person in the place who wasn't a Russian woman, it was a little strange. And in my head I am thinking, could this be, you know, a front for the Russian mob?

7 comments:

your small american said...

Wow, a lot of suspicion associated with the hair cut. I think it probably is a front of some kind. Otherwise you wouldn't be so suspicious, even suspicious to the point where you suspect Nelly's involvement (!) which I think probably isn't justified. Unless she occasionally seems Russian or knows what Vanilla Hair Spa means. Like, unless there's proof.

Tom said...

I don't think Nelly is complicit in this Russian plot. I didn't mean to imply it, but these blog posts are not always properly edited.

I think I am just overly suspicious and on the look-out for conspiracies. And when I go into a strange place, I tend to look for interesting/weird things. In this place, the weird thing was the emptiness and the Russian-ness.

keebler nelf said...

i definitely think (truthfully) that the haircut looks good. but i have no comment regarding the russian plot.

your small american said...

Yeah, but let's not forget that usually when you go to a strange place, it is a front for something!

Tom said...

That's true! If watching endless repeats of the Borne Identity/Supremacy has taught us anything, it's that everywhere you go, someone is doing something shady.

Could-be-a-model said...

Or it could just be that Russians are a shady people, what with the years of Communism and whatnot. It's taught them to be on their guard. I think that unless you went down to Brighton Beach for your haircut, you just stumbled upon a nest of shady Russians, not necessarily directly affiliated with the mob. But I'm sure they could hook you up though.

Anonymous said...

glad I was able to catch you for dinner yesterday. Your hair looked good!