Wednesday, November 15, 2006

New Phone Madness

Well, my father and I share a cell-phone plan. This has saved us a small amount of money overall, but has led to more than its fare share of headaches. Right now we're caught up in the mix of upgrading our phones.

So, the way it works is this... every two years the main phone on the line (my father's phone number) becomes eligible for a free upgrade. Which is very nice. However, I am the person that needs a new phone. I text-message, I could conceivably download ring-tones or even play music from my cellphone (although I can't really think of a reason why I would want to do that). Never in a million years would my father even think of doing something like that.

Meanwhile, my phone number (for reasons unknown to me) is only eligible for a dinky phone. Bizarrely, the cost savings on buying the dinky new phone are exactly the same as the cost savings for the fancy new phone ($100).

So my father and I went over to the Verizon store in Nanuet to see if they could do anything. They tried to be helpful, but in the end, we're back where we started. Tomorrow, supposedly, I should be able to switch the phones online (I am pretty skeptical of this). Otherwise I have to decide if I am going to stick with the dinky phone or if I'll just straight up buy a new phone for myself. Stupid Verizon.

No comments: