Monday, October 23, 2006

The Weekend: New Kicks

I had a pretty good weekend. Went into the city on Friday and met Nelly's NYU Law friends. On Saturday Nelly and I went to see the Redbulls lose to DC United in the first leg of their playoff matchup. The Redbulls have a losing record and have been atrocious all year, but they made a good game of it and really had the momentum and more good chances. However, it's only the number of times the ball goes into the net that matter, so DC United stole away from the Meadowlands with a 1-point advantage.

As an aside, I need to say once again that the Redbulls are a great ticket. You can walk up to the teller with 15 minutes to game time and buy tickets for excellent seats (we were down on the 50 yard line) for $25. The game is brisk and lots of fun, even if the Redbulls aren't dominant. They play a good game and it is very entertaining.

After the soccer game, we headed up to the Garden State Plaza for some shopping. Our main goal was to get Nelly some new jeans. But I also got some sweet new shoes.

My old shoes were something like 2-3 years old. And while they are still ok, I was due for a replacement. My new shoes are Vans (like my old shoes). Thus affirming my street cred. Or maybe not.

Sunday we went into Soho to have brunch with Nelly's friend Erica (visiting from DC). We ate at this very nice (and very trendy) bistro that's tucked away inside an alley. The food was delicious and the company was great. And then we headed back out, me to play ultimate with the Your Mom crowd, she to play study-budy with her friend Eileen.

1 comment:

jonnyheadphones said...

those vans are sa-weet!