Monday, September 11, 2006

The Six Hour Practice

Yesterday, my new frisbee team (aka Crafty) had a practice out on Long Island. Somewhere on the island. Honestly, it was pretty far away. But Nelly and I are committed people and we got out on the road early, and despite getting lost for about an hour, we managed to make it to practice on time.

What a practice! Practice started at 11:30 and didn't end until 5pm. Plenty of stuff: running, stretching, drilling, practicing, and scrimaging. We crammed a good deal of practice into that one session.

It's a good thing we did too as Sectionals is coming up this weekend (Sept 16-17). Hopefully, we'll play up to our ability and get a bid into Regionals. At which point, I expect, we'll all be pretty satisfied.

I am officially a big fan of the long practice. I'm definately hoping that in the layover between Sectionals and Regionals, maybe we can get another one in.

1 comment:

your small american said...

My sleeping team had a 10 hour practice!