Friday, April 01, 2005

RIP: Mitch Hedberg

No April Fool's joke here, unfortunately. Mitch Hedberg, the comedian, died last night in a hotel in New Jersey. You can read about it here. Still no word from the medical examiner, so we don't know why he died. But they're saying that it's heart failure.

It would be a shame if he died of a drug overdose or something like that. I don't think that's going to turn out to be the case. But it's suggested in the articles.

He was a funny funny guy.

"An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order' sign, just 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs'. Sorry for the convenience."

"I opened-up a yogurt, underneath the lid it said, 'Please try again.' because they were having a contest that I was unaware of. I thought maybe I opened the yogurt wrong. ...Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me... 'Come on Mitchell, don't give up!' An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top."

"I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under 'D'."

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so, Yeah.'"

Man, is it just me or are famous people dropping like flies lately? I mean, Johnny Cochran, Mitch, the Pope... where will it end?

No comments: