Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I'm really digging Bloxsom

My webhost balked at some of MovableType's requirements. So I decided to continue looking for alternative blogging tools. Lo-and-behold, I discovered Bloxsom.

Very simple to use, simple to set up, and quick to get going. Doesn't require much besides Perl. It's completely customizable. With community-built plugins out the wazzoo.

Note the blog-calendar on the right. Fancy, eh?

Turns out there are too many plugins (at least for the moment) for me to check them all out. It's gonna be a process while I play around and see which plguins I want to use.

For example, the comments API is there (visitors can post commments), but it looks awful. Gotta go and spend a couple hours tweaking that layout... See if I can't get it to display some comments on the main page... Try to make it resistant to spamming (good luck)... Allow users to login (there's a plugin) and maybe make it so only logged in users can post...

Plenty of new nifty features on the way, folks.

-tom

No comments: