Monday, January 17, 2005

Ahhh, the Great Outdoors!

Spent the weekend at Bolton Valley, a small, but beautiful ski resort in Vermont (the Cheddar Cheese on your Apple Pie state).

What was I doing there? Other than lookin' pretty and frosting my hair, I was skiing and snowshoeing.

Skiing was fun. It definately makes a difference to have a Ski-Buddy (not to be confused with a Ski Bunny). And the trails at Bolton were fun, the ski-lift lines were short and the slopes weren't crowded at all. Plenty of room to be reckless and endanger only myself. Just the way I like it.

Snowshoeing was fun. Grueling, but my initial awkwardness on the snowshoes was replaced by a sort of grudging acceptance. Thank you snowshoes, for keeping me from falling in the river.

Two warnings about Bolton.

  1. The "Bolton Valley Access Road" is a long, steep and winding hill. If there's even a hint of snow, make sure you take a four wheel drive vehicle.
  2. Beware the mid-way point on the "Timberline Lift" or your ski-poles may pay the price.

No comments: